Ludwig Ultimate 16" Marching Bass Drums
"The Most Famous Name On Drums" returns to the field with the introduction of Ludwig Ultimate Marching Percussion. Ludwig ULTIMATE series - Proudly Made in USA.
Ludwig Ultimate Marching Bass Drums are designed for modern marching groups, featuring 6-ply North American Maple shells, 10-ply hoops, and oversized tension claws.
Maple brings high sensitivity, a wide tuning range, and a biting attack to your bass line. Each drum is constructed with 45-degree bearing edges with a 1/8" radius round over, finally hand-sanded to assure a completely flat surface to seat the head correctly.
A bladder mold and a special adhesive lets the shells cure evenly across the entire surface. This unique method make the shells incredibly strong to hold up under immense tuning pressure.
The Difference Is Inside:
Ludwig ULTIMATE uses the only finest quality woods - that’s Select North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
Ludwig assembles the thick 5.4mm, 6-ply Maple Shell in a cross laminated fashion using their exclusive Radio Frequency Shell Technology. This process utilizes Ludwig's original bladder molds and a specialized adhesive, allowing the shell to cure evenly across the entire surface. Laminate finishes are applied during this stage as well. Resulting in a more durable drum with better resonance.
The final ingredient in a Ludwig shell is the bearing edge. Ludwig's 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" round over gives you the ULTIMATE in projection and tone. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface. Ensuring an unmistakable Ludwig sound.
Size: 14x16" Marching Bass Drum
Color Options: Black Cortex, White Cortex, Brushed Silver
Optional Hardware and Case:
- MAY ABS™ Auto Release Monoposto Bass Carrier (RMABSB)
- MAY E Posto Bass Carrier (RMLEB)
- AIRlift Stadium Hardware Stand for Bass Drum
- Marching Bass Drum Case
- Made in the USA
- Shell - 6-ply, 100% North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
- Bearing Edge - Each bass bearing edge is a 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" radius round over. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
- Air Vents - 6 sonically located air vents are present on every drum.
- Hardware - The redesigned aluminum casing includes a smaller profile and a 60% reduction in weight. All while maintaining the signature Ludwig look.